Effective Date: November 20, 2018
We take your privacy seriously. Below details how ub-cool protects your private information when using the ub-cool website and associated ub-cool Tracker application (collectively, the “Services”).
Some of the key privacy points are listed below:
- ub-cool is a social platform and thus the information you choose to upload via the ub-cool Tracker app will be publicly viewable and searchable by anyone.
- We consolidate particular information uploaded by our users and, for business purposes analyze the information and sometimes share the data too; however, we do not share any information regarding names, age, and email addresses.
- In the future, upgraded versions of the app and website will offer a “private view” option so that users can share their experiences with selected individuals only; this “private view” will ensure the public cannot view your experience.
ub-cool is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and our Services are provided to you by ub-cool DMCC.
Level 30, Swiss Tower
P.O. Box 25299
United Arab Emirates
We Collect, Use, Share and Otherwise Process Information
- in order to provide the Services, we need to collect and use your location information;
- where you have consented to the processing; and,
- where you have made the information public.
Information ub-cool Collects
ub-cool collects information about you that you have chosen to share with ub-cool. Ways in which we receive this information is from what users upload via the app, tracking data, how you share your experiences with friends, and frequency of app usage. For example:
- Basic account information we collect is your name, email address, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
- Profile, activity and use information is collected about you when you choose to upload a picture, event (including date, time and geo-location information as well as your speed and pace), media (ie. comments, photos, voice notes, and videos), or otherwise use the Services.
- ub-cool collects information from the photos, posts, comments, voice notes, videos and other content you share on the Services.
- We collect and process location information when you sign up for and use the Services.
- ub-cool allows you to sign up and log in to the Services using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Facebook (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access the Services with a Third-Party Account we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, profile information and preferences with the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to ub-cool under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy controls in your Third-Party Account.
- To help us to provide you with the best possible service, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your support requests and comments.
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use the Services. This technical information includes device and network information, log files and analytics information.
- The Services use log files. The information stored in those files includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer, protect and secure the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, may be linked to session IDs, athlete IDs and device identifiers.
Sharing Information and Activities | Publicly Available Information
The ub-cool website shares your event information with the public on the website at this current time. In the future, we will have a private view option to make events available to only those you select to share with.
How We Protect Information
We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the data we collect. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content. No system is 100% secure. The Services use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and credit card numbers. ub-cool engages providers that are industry leaders in online security, including Services verification, to strengthen the security of our Services. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm ub-cool’s identity before any personal information is sent. In addition, ub-cool’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
While ub-cool continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and ub-cool cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to ub-cool. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
© 2018 ub-cool